The internet has become an extension of my real brain, serial online entrepreneur Marc van der Chijs told last weekend a group of future corporate leaders in Switzerland. On his weblog he discusses how business changes because of the internet.
Marc van der Chijs:
Don’t underestimate what this could mean for businesses – whether good or bad, fact is that the management is no longer in charge of the conversation. If top management does not embrace social media they may be in for an unpleasant surprise. But don’t see it as a threat, if management is entrepreneurial (which should be the case, right?) they should see it as an opportunity that their business can profit from.
New very profitable businesses suddenly emerged (social games anyone?) because of the changing role of online media. It’s forcing many traditional companies to quickly adapt their business models. I discussed the book, music, newspaper and TV industry in more detail with my ideas about what they did right and wrong and what their future will look like. In my opinion this is just the beginning – we ain’t seen nothing yet.
- Europe’s lagging internet culture – Marc van der Chijs (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Change in China and business – Marc van der Chijs (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Sharing the stage at Tudo’s IPO – Marc van der Chijs (chinaherald.net)
- Most-sought speakers August 2011 (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- China: the changing expat market (chinaherald.net)