Wahaha tycoon Zong Qinghou was a high profile US passport holder who backed out of his US citizenship. WSJ wealth editor Wei Gu explains that the liability of a green cards is growing, as rich Chinese discover they have to pay taxes on all their income. What are the alternatives?
Cyprus is one of the new stepping stones for rich Chinese, mentioned by Wei Gu. The China Weekly Hangout discussed in February 2012 with Business manager Pol Panayiotides of a Cypriotic law firm why his EU country has been discovered by the Chinese, even though it is not yet part of the Schengen Treaty.
- Now also China’s middle class invests abroad – Wei Gu (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Why Chinese investors invest abroad – Wei Gu (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- A squeezed middle class needs more love – Wei Gu/Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- The push and pull between banks and regulators on lending – Wei Gu (chinaspeakersbureau.info)
- Africa, the new target for affluent Chinese – Wei Gu (chinaspeakersbureau.info)