The successful Bright Food Group Co. announces a buying spree among Australian and European firms, according to Bloomberg. A smart strategy, comments retail analyst Shaun Rein, who says buying existing brands is better than building your own.
Buying overseas assets may help the closely held company make the best use of its “extremely” strong distribution network in China, said Shaun Rein, managing director of Shanghai-based China Market Research Group.
“Rather than spending the money and time building up new brands, it makes sense for them to acquire a well established foreign brand and leverage its strong distribution,” said Rein.
More about Brights strategy, including an interview with Chairman Wang Zhongnan in Bloomberg.
Shaun Rein is a speaker at the China Speakers Bureau. Do you need him at your meeting or conference? Do get in touch.
- How to treat women, China’s super spenders? – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- Cardin seeks Chinese buyer – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- Buying Prada suits, not shares – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- On phantom facts and China bears – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- How the US downgrade affects China’s inflation – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)