Luxury bag producer Louis Vuitton has scored a major deal by cooperating with the Beijing National Museum, says retail analyst Shaun Rein in News Channel Asia. Linking to its own historical roots works very well in China.
“Louis Vuitton consumers are very interested in buying a brand with long-term heritage… and I think that’s why Louis Vuitton is very smart to partner with the museum,” Rein told AFP…
“Right now Louis Vuitton is the dominant player but they are going to have massive problems in the coming five years” as people start to buy their second or third luxury handbag, said Rein.
“After you’ve bought Louis Vuitton or Gucci, do you go back to Louis Vuitton and Gucci or do you try something different?”
- Government restrictions push sale high-ticket items – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- The price tag of anti-Chinese rhetoric in the US – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- Cardin seeks Chinese buyer – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- One-off revaluation needed to fight inflation – Shaun Rein (chinaherald.net)
- Why Nouriel Roubini is wrong on China – Shaun Rein (chinaspeakersbureau.info)